The South Ridge Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) is a student run club which provides a safe place for students to meet, support each other, talk about issues related to sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
We meet during Advisory on Wednesday - once a month during school hours - to plan events and activities. We are committed to supporting and building a safe school for all students regardless of race, religion, age, sexual or gender orientation and/or economic status. We support healthy choices and actively work against hate speech.
Everyone is welcome!
Sponsored events include:
- Ally Day - late September/early October. Fundraiser "NOH8" T-shirt sales.
- Silk screening NOH8 tshirts, HS Art Dept
- Textile painting banner - K. Aune art studio - November
- Teens Helping Teens - January fundraiser for homeless teens in area. Collection of everyday needed items such as toothbrush, comb, etc.
- Queer Jeopardy - Together for Youth get together - March
- Day of Silence - April
- World AIDS Day - Spring
NOH8 Tshirt sales